Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Task 4- Make a Smart Surface--Design possibility



Just drawing out what I think we discussed as a group.  A series of "bubble" layers to be filled layer by layer in a predetermined sequence and rate.  Sorry for the poor quality, I decided it would just be easier to take a picture of my diagram than try to make it on one program or another.

I just have to figure out what kind of solenoid valve we can use/cheaply get our hands on.  I've found some really cheap ones on a surplus website Surplus Shed but they state purpose for low volume air and vacuum applications.  Ideally we'd like to be able to use water, but I feel if part availability/price states that filling the bubbles with air is the cheapest and easiest way, you don't argue, especially with a two week deadline.

I also found a range of solenoid valves through an irrigation parts website General Imsubs.  I can't begin to express how cool I'd feel if I was the group using an irrigation solenoid valve.

As Neil and I work on this more I'll be able to walk through more detail of how we'll fill the bubbles, but again, material supply will strongly determine what we can actually accomplish.


No comments:

Post a Comment