Friday, September 18, 2009

Assignment 1: Arduino Lessons

Arduino board with LED circuit assembly and lamp fixture over LED circuit. (I took video of the light sequence, and the lamp with tissue inside, but haven't figured out how to post the video.  I will be doing that as soon as I figure it out.  I also apologize for the poor formatting, I'm not familiar with the "blogger.com" functionality)


I've had a little experience with C from my engineering 101 course, and circuit boards from my 100 course, so the processes of the tutorial were relatively easy to follow and complete. My lamp shade was the most time intensive portion, I've always enjoyed modular origami and constructed a dodecahedron (30pieces).  I didn't have any tissue paper so I took some clean and unused toilet paper, seperated the two ply from each other, and stuffed them into the shade.  My favorite projects are the ones that utilize the problem solving process synonomous with programming (breaking problems and processes into steps, and using a language to describe and achieve a solution), as well as being able to create something that has the potential to evolve.


I'm very interested in being able to participate in the task today, centered around systems and the arduino boards.  I also hope that no one expects me to be a crackerjack with programming, I haven't had much experience in programming, and no experience in these kinds of systems, and I don't really know what kind of expectation will be had of me.  I am excited though.

No comments:

Post a Comment